Thursday, January 20, 2011

There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

About 9mo ago Sylvie began her terrible two’s. This was a dark time in the Harrison household. I rarely took my daughter out in public, and when I did I prepared myself for public embarrassment. I have often wondered- why are every else’s kids so well behaved in the mall, in the daycare parking lot, at the playground, etc? I finally realized that I never saw any kids Sylvie’s age out (I think I just told myself this to make me feel better…).
But alas…I must say this last week has been enjoyable! Now I know what you are thinking….Karen, it’s only been a week…..but I think this is the start of a brand new Sylvie! She is communicating wonderfully and I believe that is the main ingredient for temper tantrums- not being able to express yourself the way you want. Now that she is older she can tell what she needs or wants- no worries. I am looking forward to spending more time with my daughter again!

No comments: