Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's a .......

Boy! We were very excited to find out on Thursday that the new baby is a boy! I have heard that hte ultrasounds can be wrong, but if a boy part was there- I am pretty sure it is not going anywhere! Ralph and I are just thrilled. Of course we would have loved a girl but knowing we will have one of each just clarify's it for us that we can be done!
And now for the hard part....coming up with a name. Coming up with Sylvie's name was very easy. This will be harder. We have a lot to think about....Ralph is an IV so we have to decide if we want to carry on the tradition of his name or change the tradition. We have a few other names we are thinking of- but Ralph is a top contender. On a side note, if it was a girl we have a name picked out. This boy this is already starting to be difficult! :)
I cannot decide what I like better...finding out at birth what sex the baby is or finding out at 20 weeks. I guess there is no way to compare- both ways are surprising and fun in their own right. I will say what I do like about finding out at 20 weeks- it is a fun and exciting thing to look forward to in the middle of your pregnancy. Otherwise it makes for a long pregnancy! Now I can start 'bonding' with my boy and know what to expect (somewhat) out of him! ha.
After this wonderful moment finding out that we are having a boy, I had a somewhat unnerving appointment with the doctor. I want to have a VBAC and think it is my right to have one (it is my body after all...) but apparently my doctor just does not care. He will let me have one, as long as the baby comes before 40 weeks. But if my water breaks and I am not in labor- he will schedule a c section. So I have to decide if I want to change docs, how important a VBAC and TOL are, or if I just want to chance it with him. I do think my best interests are in his mind (somewhat) becuase it is dangerous- but if I really want one why can he not understand this and just blow me off? So.... back to square one of finding a doc. BUT at the same time, the midwifes at the practice I go to are very understanding - but they still have to answer to the doctors. I just have to decide (and probably sooner rather than later) what is really important to me. With all of this said, I want to clarify that however the baby comes out, I will be extremely happy that the baby and me are healthy!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah boy! I can't wait to buy some little boy outfits for once :)