Wednesday, May 25, 2011


I met Wade-o one year ago today. He completed my little family and my heart. He brings happiness, sensitivity and danger into our home. This was all foretold the second he was born when Ralph and I were elated with the happiness of his birth, warmed by his sweetness and scared to death by his silence. He is a trooper and has taught me patience, understanding and love all over again. He has also giving the greatest gift to Sylvie and made her a big sister. Happy Birthday to our little (ha…) Wade!

My dear Wade, I love everything about you. The things about you that I never want to forget are (I am sure this list will grow as I think of more):

the way you cry until you get your bottle in the morning. the way you tummy is always showing. the way you look like a 2 year old in size. your laugh and squint-y smile eyes (smize). the way you love when your sister hugs you. your fearlessness when climbing the chair in our living room. your pout-y bottom lip. your sensitivity when you know we are talking about you. the way you get upset when you are not eating the same food we are eating. the way you let me hold you at night (please don't ever stop this!). the way you go right to sleep at 7pm. the way you play in your crib until sylvie wakes up in the morning. the way you splash in the bath. the way you only say dada (hinthint). your love of all things firetruck. your small feet. your beautiful blue eyes. your low crawl. the way you have turned into a little boy these past two weeks, and not just a baby.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully said Karen. Love, Dad